CRISMAT – Laboratory of Crystallography and Materials Science
6 boulevard Maréchal Juin 14050 CAEN CEDEX 4
Tel : 02 31 45 26 04
Fax : 02 31 95 16 00
- Synthesis of and research into new materials with special physical properties, notably magnetoresistive, ferroelectric, thermoelectric and magnetocaloric oxides.
- Synthesis of ceramics, thin films and crystals.
- Structural characterizations (X-ray diffraction, electron diffraction, transmission electron microscopy).
- Physical characteristics (electronic, thermal, magnetic, mechanical properties).
- Physical Metallurgy, damage mechanisms, and corrosion resistance
- Structural Materials composites
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Trans-discipline laboratory at the interface between Solid State Chemistry, Materials Science, and Solid State Physics.
- The laboratory is internationally recognized for its capacity to discover new oxides with remarkable properties such as superconductivity, colossal magnetoresistance and thermoelectricity.
- Microelectronics: LAMIPS joint research laboratory “Laboratory of the Microelectronics and Physics of Semiconductors” (NXP, Presto Engineering)