LCMT – MOLECULAR AND THIOORGANO CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
6 Boulevard Maréchal Juin
14000 Caen, France
Tel :02 31 45 28 21
Fax : 02 31 45 28 22
- Research area:
- Synthesis and characterization into molecules, macromolecules (polymers) organic materials for catalysis, composite materials,chemistry of living organisms and energy.
- Technologies :
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, X-ray diffraction, mass spectrometry, chromatography, ICP-MS, spectroscopy, IR, uorescence, forming and characterization of polymers (mini-extruder, mini injection molding press, DSC, TGA, viscometry, etc.)
- Eco-friendly reactions, biopolymers, catalysis, new solvents, ionic liquid, composite materials.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Le LCMT is a major player in the eld of molecular and macromolecular chemistry. The major elds of on-going research are targeted at:
- chemistry for sustainable development,
- chemistry for living organisms,
- chemistry for molecular materials.
- Centers of interest include heterochemistry (with a strong focus on atoms of sulfur, phosphorus and uorine), nitrogenous molecules, asymmetric synthesis, catalysis (organic and organometallic), unusual activation (microwave) and reaction (continuous- ow) modes, new media and solvents and synthetic polymers or materials composite. This “fundamental” research targets the preparation of new molecules and new synthesis intermediaries and the study of new molecular materials. On-going research has applications in medicine, agrochemicals, composite materials, catalytic materials and energy materials.