Dassault Systèmes has announced that Urban-Air Port has selected Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform to provide the digital architecture for design, development, and operational management of its vertiport sites around the world.
According to Urban-Air Port: “Selected as a winner of the UK government’s Future Flight Challenge Phase 2 in 2021, the Air One programme in Coventry will bring industry, government and the public together to demonstrate how sustainable advanced air mobility can reduce congestion, cut air pollution and decarbonise transport while providing seamless passenger journeys and cargo deliveries.”
This collaboration with Dassault Systèmes will see Urban-Air Port be able to access an array of benefits will be seen through four key areas including:
- Design: Incorporating architectural and engineering design into the virtual twin to allow for greater use of the 3D data, not only within engineering but across multiple business functions.
- Planning: The platform will allow for a single source of data truth, simplified reporting process and better collaboration with suppliers.
- Fabrication: Enable fabricators to rapidly develop the design shared by engineers into mass production’
- Asset and facility management: The virtual twin will allow Urban-Air Port to optimise their vertiports and maintenance of their infrastructure in real-time
- Operations: Optimisation of product usage such as energy consumption, which will help inform more sustainable designs in future developments.
For more information