• The design a periodic microstructural gradient by liquid powder bed fusion in an aluminium alloy is demonstrated
• The ultrafast cooling allows forming nanoscale features which structure and composition are established.
• Local strain hardening is evidenced in Al crystal in the vicinity of eutectic areas.
• Short range ordering of silicon together with the formation of Si nanocrystals is shown in former eutectic areas.
• Two populations of solute cluste
Source : Nanoscale periodic gradients generated by laser powder bed fusion of an AlSi10Mg alloy – ScienceDirect